Re: (ASCEND) Need a 25 and some help

At 12:34 PM 5/19/97 -0500, Jake Messinger wrote:
>I have a remote office with 7 PC's, usually only 4 or 5 are going at one
>time.
>
>I have my local office here connected to the internet and I have a class C
>address range.
>
>What is the least expensive way I can connect them up to here over isdn?
>Do I HAVE to get 50's or 75's or can I use these OLD P 25's with IP
>routing that I see? Someone told me that the ARP table in the old P 25's
>only had room for 5 addresses. Is this correct?

The original P25 (with no suffix) had no limitation at all. BUT it would not
handle the load with more than about 4/5 hosts going through it. That is
why the FX was limited through the ARP table size to 4 hosts. This version
only bridges - no IP routing option. The PX only supports a single host (NAT).

The P50/75 have no limitations....as long as you bear in mind that the WAN
interface bandwidth is limited to 128K (ignore compression for comparison).

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service