(ASCEND) Max stacking how good is it!

MAX4004 or MAX4048 stacking question.

So I have a basic question about how many Max's can be configured
to work as a MAX stack before the solution is unworkable due to
multiple chassis MPP problems.

What we want to do is have a big hunt group of PRI's with
the following configuration.

First  Box:  Max4004 with two or more  PRI's (NO modems)
Second Box:  Max4048 with two PRI's (48 modems)
Third  Box:  Max4048 with two PRI's (48 modems)

and keep adding max4048's

We want the first box to have no modems so it will mainly handle ISDN
customers so we can better utilize our available modems.

So in theory a analog call coming into the first box should be
automatically bounced back to the Telco switch an redirected to come
in on the next PRI until it reaches a box with a modem.

1.) Anyone have an opinion if this is a workable solution?

2.) Also how many boxes can I put in a MAX stack before the overhead
gets to high for MMP.

FYI. Livinston claims they have customers stacking upto 100 PM3's
together. Our Ascend Sales rep seem not to want to comment on how many
Max4xxx can be stacked and tried to sell us on a TNT instead.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Wye
Bay Area Internet Solutions

* Thomas J. Wye                         Tel: (408) 260-5000
* Bay Area Internet Solutions           Fax: (408) 260-5003
* 900 Lafayette Street, Suite 710    E-mail: twye@BAYAREA.NET
* Santa Clara, CA 95050          HTTP: http://WWW.BAYAREA.NET
*                                Info Robot: INFO@BAYAREA.NET
* 33.6Kbps dial-up, 56Kbps-T1 (Leased*Frame Relay), server colocation,
* Virtual Domain hosting and World Wide Web development.