Re: (ASCEND) TNT Stops Talking

At 05:04 PM 5/27/97 +0000, Frank Nowling wrote:
>I've got a TNT running 1.2ap2 that stops speaking IP. A reset fixes
>it, for about 5 minutes (gut feel, I haven't timed it).
>
>The ethernet on the contol slot stops talking, and so do the ports on
>the 10/100BT card.  You can ping the internal IP addresses via the
>serial console, but not get out of the MAX, and outside systems
>cannot ping the TNT. It does not start talking again unless a reset
>is done or the TNT is power cycled.
>
>There are T1/PRI cards and modem cards in the system, but none of
>them are configured or connected to anything.
>
>We've had the TNT for less than a week, so I'm sure that it could be
>something as simple as a misconfig. Any Thoughts?

It sounds like a routing issue. With as many interfaces as the TNT has, it
is useful to check out netstat -rn to see what is happening. Remember that
you have a system IP interface as well as physical interfaces. You also
have a soft-ip-interface, but I think that may have been added in 1.2Aix.
It is best to send the ourput of netstat -rn and the output of save
(config) to support@ascend.com so they can digest it.

Are you running routing protocols?

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com