Re: (ASCEND) restricting 1-800 access to certain users

At 11:48 PM 5/27/97 -0700, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
>John Coy wrote:
>>
>> We are in the process of setting up a special application
>> which users dial a 1-800 number to dial into our system.
>> However, we do not want just *anybody* to be able to dial
>> this number.  Only one special username can have access.
>> Is there a way to restrict the called-number to only one
>> user?
>>
>> We're using Ascend MAX units (running 5.0Ap5) and RADIUS
>> to authenticate.  We're using PRIs as our incoming spans.
>
>The new version of RadiusNT with server port access handles this
>very will.   Lets assume you have a Max4004, with two PRIs.
>Creat a hunt group of the first PRI and the first 20 channels
>of the second PRI.  Then create a second hunt group of the last
>2 channels of the second PRI.

Why would you need to do this at all ?

The auth restriction should be based on the "specialusername" and
"Called-Station-ID" combination. The non-special users entries would
ensure they dialed the local number, rather than the 800-number...

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service