(ASCEND) P50/USR 2B aggravation

Hello,

My ISP updated his USR NetServer firmware and I can do 2B connections from
my P50 finally.  It works great, with 12K/sec throughput -- for awhile.

Three times now, the second B channel has dropped when 15 minutes into a
giant FTP transfer.  The transfer will continue successfully on the single
B channel.  The CRC count is not high or rising -- 35 errors on about
70,000 packets since the last reboot.  "show isdn" simply says "CALL
CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16" which is the same cause code as when I tell the P50
to manually hang up -- normal disconnection.

My settings provide for automatic disconnect after 5 minutes of inactivity.

The three times this happened, I've noticed that the connection timer was
at 15:35, 15:45 and 18:something.  My ISP swears there is no connection
timeout on his end.  Could the P50 be deciding to terminate the connection
after 15 minutes for some reason?  I'm using 5.0Ap5.

I usually only fire up the second B channel for large transfers, and
they're usually less than 15 minutes, and usually work fine.  It's only the
really enormous ones, or when I'm doing lots of things in one session, that
the second channel drops -- and it's suspicious to me that it's always
after 15 minutes, never sooner.

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                      software development, Opcode Systems Inc.
work:     doug@opcode.com       http://www.opcode.com/