(ASCEND) P75, 56k/voice suddenly doesn't work

For 6 months I've been connecting to my ISP (running some sort of
Maxen) with my Pipeline 75 (5.0ap3). I've always used a "voice" type
call at 56k because of the local tariff. Has worked well, bonding and
all, until this morning.

Now the voice call is initiated, answered, then....that's it. There
is no authenication error, the line is not dropped until the timeout
period expries, but there is no data flowing. When I change the call
type to 56k data or 64k data, everything works again.

I've changed nothing, my ISP says he's changed nothing and has other
customers still connecting with voice calls. GTE's national ISDN help
desk tested the lines and said everything works as it is supposed to.
I power cycled the P75, but there was no change.

Anything else I can check or tweak before I double my monthly bill by
changing to the new tariff and using 64k connections?

Danny Williams
Caldwell Trust Company
Venice, Florida   USA
mailto:danny@ctrust.com