(ASCEND) How to use the tserver with radius...

Hmm, I seem to have gotten stuck in an either-or situation that dosn't
work:

Either users can scripted login (username/password/ppp) or they can
get to a telnet prompt (username/password/telnet shell server) but
not both.

default radius entry:
DEFAULT Password = "UNIX"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1

This allows scripted login (user/pass/ppp) but telnet is denied.
If I comment out user-service, telnet is allowed, but framed protocols
are denied!  How can I put in optinal user services?

I really REALLY don't want to have to do the username!ppp hack that some
places have!

--Dan