(ASCEND) Adding outgoing call filters on the MAX

Greets,

After reading and successfully applying the call filters for an IP routing
only environment in Win95/WinNT, I'm  getting ambitious and want to
apply the same from the other side.

For those that don't know, WINS servers and Domain controllers exhibit
the same behaviour about home machines - every 15 minutes or so they
check the reverse route to see if a machine is still alive.  When these
machines are on the far side of a dial-up gateway, an outgoing call
is caused.

What I'd like to do is apply a global/saturate call filter on the MAX
like I do on people's Pipelines, but I'm having trouble.

All my users on stored on Radius[-970814], and I don't know how to use the
Ascend-Call-Filter attribute; when I add it to the outgoing profile, I
get

Binary Filter Error: isdn-test-out

So in summary, I want to filter all traffic (currently configured into the
Ethernet -> Filters menu) on the MAX, and I'm assuming I need to enable
the filtering on a per-user-profile basis?  Am I getting anything wrong?
Do I need to do the whole lot in my Radius users file?

NB. I don't want to Data Filter, just Call Filter.

Many thanks,
Aron
--
************** Aron Bibby                    Tel  : +44 (0)117 922 9604