Re: (ASCEND) Users stay connected but cannot see any web sites

The only problem with this is (at least on our network) is that it doesn't
happen with ll users at once.   And it can happen as often as every call
when you call in...   It s random and very annoying...

At 11:58 AM 10/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>What I've done, is log in to the MAX from the router, and change the
>default gateway to anything other than what it is.  You then change it
>back to what it should be, and things go on as if nothing ever happened.
>This is a very random problem, and very annoying.  Make sure you do this
>from a router directly connected to the MAX.
>
>Alex P
>
>On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Jamie Penner wrote:
>

>> At 10:32 AM 10/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> >I have two Max 4000 units, one in my main locaation that only services
>> >dialup and isdn connections.  The other is in a remote POP and services
>> >one PRI for dialup and a T1 connecting back to my Cisco 4500 in my
>> >main location.  Users can connect fine, but after a random amount of
>> >time, sometimes 10 minutes or as long as two hours,  they are unable to
>> >go to any more web sites.  Windows 95 tells them that there is no DNS
>> >entry.  The DNS server is up, the circuit is up, and the client
>> >specifies the DNS servers in  their dialup networking entry.  There is
>> >nothing in the logs showing any connection issue.  I am running 5.0ap27.

Jamie Penner
Nisa Internet Technologies Inc.
Nanaimo, BC  Canada
EMail: jpenner@nisa.net