(ASCEND) Pipe75 and Java Pipeline Monitor-More Info

New Stuff:

I've got the pipeline password protected, as in when you telnet to it you must enter a password to get access.  Does this matter?

Also Clifford Donley age me this info:
------
Go to the directory where you installed the Configurator and find the small
initialization file it created when you initially setup the application.
(Do a sort by dates--it will be new and small -- no more than a couple of
hundred bytes, as I recall.) Either rename or delete this file then restart
the monitor and poke in your address. It will rebuild the file you just
deleted and hopefully you'll be back in business.
-----

I tried this.  The file name was: statview...    I forget the rest.  I know this was the right file and the screen position for the dialog boxes changed to the upper left hand corner of the screen.

I've installed the java config program and the monitor program.  The config program works just great.
When I try the monitor program I enter the ip address and click on OK and nothing happens.

The network light on the pipe75 flashes but I'm not sure it's from me or other network traffic at the time.

Does the Monitor app need/use the syslog feature on the pipe?  I've got the pipe dumping the syslog stuff to an NT server with a syslog service running.

Tech Info:

win95 osr2, ms tcp/ip stack, pent200, 32MB, older pipe (Dec '96), Software +5.0Ai16+, .......

pj50ai2.exe from the ftp site.

Has anyone gotten this program to work?  What's the magic chant to get it working?

Thanks for your help,

JT