Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Access Control RADIUS <--> Kerberos

> Good ideas, but no solution yet.  Meanwhile, I did find that free
> Merit code, version 2.4.23.  It wants me to provide afs_stringtokey.c
> "from the licensed source."  They don't say *what* licensed source.

They mean from the AFS licensed source.  Just as Ascend is not allowed
to include the Security Dynamics client code due to license problems,
Merit is not allowed to include the AFS code.

> Neither the MIT Kerberos5 nor the AFS source seem to have such a file.

It is not a file, just a function - I believe it may have a slightly
different name in AFS - check the "AFS Programmer's Reference: Authentication
Server Interface" - StringToKey.

> I could go look at MIT Kerberos4, but I suspect that they mean the
> licensed Merit RADIUS source, which I don't have access to.

Possibly, but probably not.

> If not, well then, I do know the AFS string-to-key algorithm.

You can also pick up a copy of afs_string_to_key.c via anonymous FTP -
see http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/dist/krbafs.html