Re: (ASCEND) JBPC 5.0Ai4 (fwd)

Once upon a time Clifford Donley shaped the electrons to say...
>>We're looking into it. It may well be due to the non-compliant JAVA
>>libraries ..... so we'll determine how best to address it.
>From one taxpayer to another, don't sue'em, work around the problem.

The work around is simple - don't use the MS Java libraries.

There are other libraries available for Windows that are 100% compliant.
The user only needs to install the appropriate VM.  And Netscape is
claiming they'll have a 1.1 compliant VM in Navigator late this year which
will make it even easier.

Amber (the new PMconsole) is Java and we run it on UNIX and Windows in
development.  Same with Betty (the new RADIUS server).  So it can be done.

What's the point of using Java if you tie yourself to one OS anyway?

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588