Re: (ASCEND) Hangup via SNMP

I checked the firmware on this.  Even using NavisAccess, the
<underline>firmware on the box must support it</underline> -on the max,
being able to disconnect a user via SNMP was in 5.0ai4 - of course, this
means it will be available in a P version in 6.0 (not in any of the 5.0
'P' releases).

On the TNT, I believe 2.0 will have it.

It is NOT the DoGroup you want to use, you want to set the
ssnStatusValidFlag to invalid and and then the device will hang up the
call.  NavisAccess can do this for you as well as other management, the
NA GUI has a full feature set, but the software does require certain revs
of code on the devices - which will take a little bit of time, since new
features are added to 'i' releases, and do not make it into the Patched
releases until the next rev up (and we understand many people will wait
for the next rev because they will/can not use 'i' code in their
environment).

Thanks,

Donna

At 06:46 AM 10/28/97 -0500, Robert A. Pickering Jr. wrote:

>Can't be done.  Ascend's own NavisAccess states you can do it, and it

>doesn't work.  Ascend has never implemented the SNMP variables as
writable

>that would allow you to do it.

>We wrote a short telnet script that would do it.

>I posted it to the list a while back, check the archives.

>-Rob

>On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 systems@e-z.net wrote:

>> Does anyone have a snippet of code for terminating a call via SNMP?

>> Nothing I try is working.  I can't figure out how to do the "Do
Menu"

>> stuff via SNMP, and all the "xxxValid" entries seem to be read only.

>> What's the trick?  What am I missing?  I've successfully set other
options

>> via SNMP, so I know I can do valid writes, but I just can't figure
out