Re: (ASCEND) B-STDX 9000

At 03:54 PM 10/29/97 -0800, Josh Beck wrote:
>I have a quick question about the formerly Cascade, now Ascend B-STDX
>9000. Presumably it is still running Cascade code as opposed to Ascend
>code? Either way, does it actually support BGP and OSPF, or is it like the
>TNT where it is a not yet implemented feature?

The 9000 will support IP routing with the addition of IP Navigator which is
a soon-to-be announced enhancement to our Frame Relay and ATM switches.
This is based on the IETF MPLS standards work. Stay tuned for announcements.

However, at the heart of our core switching we have always had the Virtual
Network Navigator which is an OSPF based network path algorithm. In fact,
the author of OSPF, John Moy, is an Ascend engineer working on the
integration of IP and ATM.

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com