Re: (ASCEND) Pipe 75 TFTP Problems

> As the new loads for the Pipes are approaching the limit for thin loads,
> I thought It was time to learn to use the TFTP process. No luck -- get the
> below output from the Pipe:
>
> ** Ascend Pipeline Terminal Server **

You are not supposed to be using the terminal server to load code.
You are supposed to use the Diagnostic monitor.

> ascend% tftp p166 51b2p4.p75
> Invalid TCP port number specified.
> Connection closed.

Check the output of the "help" command.  There is no command "tftp" in
the terminal server.  "tftp" was being interpretted as the name of the
host to connect to (via telnet) and "p166" as the port to connect to.
The "p" is interpretted as a "0" which an invalid port number.

> ascend% tftp 192.168.55.102 51b2p4.p75
> Can't resolve hostname.
> Connection closed.

"tftp" is being interpretted as the name of the host and "192" as the port.
"tftp" could not be resolved into a IP number and thus is an invalid name.

You must use the diagnostic command "tloadcode" to load code from a tftp host.

There are [at least] two ways to reach the Diagnostic monitor.  Both start
from the Main Edit Menu.  The first way is to enter "Esc[Esc=" in less than
one second, ignoring the quotes and where Esc is the escape key.  The second
way is to enter "Ctrl-D" followed by "D" to select Diagnostics from the "DO"
menu.

When you reach diagnostics you will see a ">" prompt.

To exit from diagnostics you should enter "quit" followed by a return.