Re: (ASCEND) P75 to USR Total Control MP+ or BACP

At 05:27 PM 10/30/97 -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:

>ASCEND Pipelines appear not to know how to count bytes and divide by time.
>(this is all you need to support DBA with any device of this type).  Proof
>of this is the SGI and other ISDN-capable devices which *do* DBA and don't
>need any silly protocol support for it.

Yes, I knew this.

I'm looking for some logical reason why Ascend decided to go this route,
since it does appear to be a trivial engineering task. If indeed it is as
you state, Ascend wishing to influence purchase of on site equipment
capable of doing BACP/MP+, then this would be an excellent instance of
marketing logic (is that an oxymoron?) I'm sure.

  cwd                 ; "Do or do not. There is
  xor     ax,dx       ;  no try." Yoda
  sub     ax,dx       ;
  mov     Power,ax    ;  plexus@seanet.com