(ASCEND) M1800 No Bridging ?

HELP... I have a M1800 (us BRI) wK56 modem support running the bk.m18
load that does not have bridging available. We've tried re-hashing the
box, then I tried a different rev (5.0ap33), and so far nothing gets it
to allow bridging to be available.
Under Ethernet->Mod Config-> the display shows;
Bridging=N/A
IPX Routing=N/A
AppleTalk=N/A

Customer Service has been polite, but unclear why this may happen. Any
one else run into that and care to share the secret ?

(I have to setup a combinet/aka-Cisco bridge on this unit, so bridging
is required)