(ASCEND) connection dies with MAX4060...

Recently got a MAX4060 with 4x16 K56Flex modem cards in. However, we are having quite a few problems with them.....

   1. Often the MAX4060 will not negotiate a DUN PPP connection on the first
      attempt. This is fairly strange because the machine is running an
      equivalent config to our old 4002 which works fine (running 5.0Ap4)

   2. When a connection is made, you will ocassionally have a dead period of
      your connection, where no data with flow in either direction along the
      PPP link. The connection will not break, and if you hang around for
      2-3 minutes, normal transmission will resume again.

The Max in question is running 5.0Ap16 (it ran 5.0Ap20 beforehand but I dropped
back a revision because of the radius accounting bug). Users are authenticated
using radius 1.16 running on Solaris 2.5.1.

Gone through the settings a number of times and can't see anything wrong with
them. Any help would be much appreciated....

thanks in advance.

Paul Rhodes