modem dialout and busies (was; Re: (ASCEND) Rockwell Firmware version)

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, Jason Nealis wrote:

>  Yes, To do this you need to go Full Access and then you have to go into
> TermServ, CNTRL-D---> TERMSERV
>
> ascend% open 3:1
>
>  Connected to modem 3:1...
>
> ati3
> V1.054_NOTNT-K56_DLP_CSM
>
> You must have  Modem Dialout=Yes     in the TermServ Config.

On a slightly different note, does the reporting of busy signals work
properly for anyone when dialing out from a max?

On a box running 5.0Ai13 (but it has been happing for a long time, since
4.6something), attempting to dial out to a number that is busy results in
no response until it times out 30 or 60 seconds later and gives a NO
CARRIER.  Note that the max logs a "sys use exceeded" almost immediately.
This is on a 40004, 2 PRIs, switch type NTI, happened both with DM12s and
12 modem 56k cards.

We reported this as a bug to Ascend a long time ago, but they just said
"hmm, interesting" and we didn't really get any response.  Checking
archives, we first noted and reported it in 4.6Cp11.