Re: (ASCEND) Getting Customer Downstream Speeds

DO NOT DO THIS!

I did this to one of our max 4004's and both times after a couple
of hours, the max began crashing--

it would answer calls, display a prompt, and would not echo back
the login id when the user entered it.   turning modemdiag OFF did
not resolve the problem, and the only solution was to reboot the max.

I repeat- do NOT use modemdiag.  It -will- crash your max.

Ascend:  we really need to be able to see customer downstream speeds,
and modemdiag is too unstable and crashes the max- so we can't use
it even as a workaround.

-Will
--
Will Pierce