(ASCEND) Max 4K with IPX for games?

I've never used the IPX routing stuff on any of our Maxen, but I'm
curious if turning it on will allow some DOS IPX network games to
run. Has anyone done this?

The new K56FLEX modems don't seem to want to connect to each other
at any speed for some of the older games (TVD, especially) and I
miss shooting down my tech support staff during all-nighters while
dialed into one of the pops. ;-)

If it will work, we'll probably offer a "game account" with just IPX
for some of the game nuts around here; there are quite a few.....

Any info appreciated- especially reasons why I shouldn't turn on
IPX. Performance hits, etc. Thanks!

'Shot