Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Patch 5.0ap23?

> We've done this several times in the past. There is precedence when it is
> possible that the software could be harmful to operations. Folks who do
> billing based on radius accounting could possibly be affected.

Oddly with p20 you didn't do this, you put up a warning README, and
that was far more broken accounting wise.

Also you didn't do this with every other release (certainly in the
5.x bugs) which even Ascend acknowledges has fatal bugs in.

Perhaps you could elucidate on what QA Ascend do before they make
releases, how they decide when to incorporate bug fixes, and what sort
of response we should be hoping to get from Ascend in terms
of time from [reporting fatal bug with no work around] to [Ascend
acknowledge bug] to [Ascend fix bug] to [bug fixed version gets
released to customer]. People in Europe would love to know. That's
customers, your own account managers, and your competitors.

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks