Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4000 + 56K modem cards = fire

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Jason Nealis wrote:

> Operating Requirements : Temperature 32-104 F. {0-40C}
>
> Can you imagine having a fully loaded max run in a room w/ 100.F intake
> air, I hope you have halon.

We do.  Mine are in the warehouse with no A/C while we finish construction
on their new home.  Ascend isn't BSing.  The Maxen are warmer than I'd
like to see, and we do have an external fan on them to move air...  but
they're happy there until we get the new computer room built.

As for "whose box runs cooler", I have a Power Mac clone here that runs
cooler than my Pentium box, too...  they ALL warm up some when they
actually work.

		Dale