Re: (ASCEND) NAT Bugs on P50/5.0Ai23

At 03:42 PM 9/9/97 -0400, Jim Howard wrote:
> At 18:56 09/08/1997 +0200, Florian F. Sauerteig wrote:
> > Also telnet sessions seem to drop while using NAT when they are
idle for
> > some time. Looks like a timeout where nat clears it's table
entries...

> when using single IP NAT, the pipeline assumes that when the ISDN
link drops,
> it should close all IP sessions, because you will usually get a
different
> IP address the next time you connect.

I think Florian meant that long TCP sessions are dropped even though
the ISDN link has remained up. For instance, if you have a telnet
session open but has no activity for a while, you will find your telnet
window stops working. The ISDN link itself would have other activities
going on so idle detection is definitely not kicking in.

I have seen this as well w/ my Pipeline 75 using various 5.0Ai betas.
I'm currently running Ai23 and the bug is still there.

--
Patrick Lee <pat@patlee.org>