Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4000 + 56K modem cards != fire

> I suppose the ORIGINAL reason for my post is I didnt want people
getting
> the idea they could throw a max, or any other term server in a
warehouse
> that gets to 100 degrees and expect it to run well or last long.

And MY original post -- a response to one from Jason -- was that a
Max could, indeed, run in less than perfect conditions without
catching fire.  While Maxen do run warm enough to impress the masses,
I wouldn't consider them a fire hazard, and they do quite nicely even
under suboptimal conditions.

Remember the words from my original message -- "while we finish
construction"?  Meaning "not permanently"?  Of course, anyone who
purposely installs expensive, heat-sensitive equipment in a highly
unfriendly environment and expects it to last forever is foolish.  I
thought that point would be pretty obvious to the average adult and
would not require a specific disclaimer.

	Dale