(ASCEND) reality check! (fwd)

> Once upon a time Dave Van Allen shaped the electrons to say...
> >nobody is winning right now except all of the other manufactures (Cisco,
> >Livingston, Bay, et al) who have not taken a lead to bring a product to
>
> To be fair we've been shipping the Lucent K56flex for a month or so now,
> and we're having our our brand of "fun".

And the european upgrade program has not even started yet. I cannot wait
to see what happens with Nokia modems..

Is the european modem code different ? Someone had tried US PM3 Lucents in
europe, and he was not exactly happy with them.

> A lot of the early problems were due to Ascend/Rockwell deciding to foist
> K56Plus off as K56Flex, and it was not ready for primetime.  Rockwell's
> official fix is to upgrade to Flex.

I have been reading newsgroups, and it looks like the K56Xxxx modems
don't work properly at any speed. It is odd, because all the issues
with the lower speeds should be well understood by now.

VesA