(ASCEND) cisco762 ---> ascend .... yuk

I am having GRAVE troubles with inconsistant behaviour with the
compatability between the Cisco 762 series routers and Ascend P50's and
the like.

I believe the Cisco series in question actually has old Combinet
software in it. It is NOT the Cisco IOS software. (which is VERY
compatible with ascend MPP, etc)

I am getting strange dialing probs. sometimes I get 128K, altho most of
the time I dont because of some error. We use Centrex 3 digit intercom
dialing. So I will have the 762 dial the 3 digit # and the 1st B channel
connects, then the Ascend passes th full 10 digit # back to the cisco
for the second call which returns a busy code. The busy is coming FROM
the Pipeline 50. NOT the the telco network.

I am using the NI-1 switch type.

Just a note: this is NOT a telco setup problem. I have the convience of
having a direct line to a centrex isdn engineer at the telco (with 25 yr
expirience) He can instantly detect, correct, fix any dialing, or call
setup probs, as well as do call traps to analyze what is happening. In
this case the busy has been detected as coming from the Ascend when the
Cisco tries to setup the 2nd B-channel.

I am bummed because usually I can make anything work with Pipelines, and
max's reliably (including the kitchen sink..hehe), with or without
authentication, etc. And the standard Cisco IOS software is so compatible,
you can use the Ascend MPP on the pipelines. =) But these little 762s cant
hang for some reason. =(

Any thoughts, suggestions or expireiences are welcome. =)

thanks in advance,
todd