Re: (ASCEND) What's the bug in 5.0Ap20?

At 08:26 PM 9/9/97 -0400, Paul Monaghan wrote:

>Can someone tell me what the RADIUS bug that was reported in 5.0Ap20 was?

Ap20 would sometimes put a "bogus" modem X:X where the username should be
in the RADIUS accounting packets. That problem is fixed in 5.0Ap23 but...

>Same goes for 5.0Ap23 what exactly are these two bugs?  Are the the same?

No they are not. In 5.0Ap23, the problem is that the Framed-Address reported
for some Accounting records shows 0.0.0.0 instead of the real address. This
was also in earlier releases, but *seems* to be related only to 2-channel MP
calls (in all but one case I've seen it reported so far).

This problems still exists in the 5.0Ap24 release (we considered it worth
posting anyway since there are enough customers who will benefit from the
fixes in 5.0Ap24 - and don't absolutely *require* the framed-address info).

Kevin