Re: (ASCEND) High latency on Pipeline 75

>I have a new Pipeline 75 running software 5.1A. I have it directly
>connected to a P133 running BSD/OS 3. Whenever I make a connection to
>another host there seems to be _alot_ of latency on the line. ie, 1-2
>seconds between each keystroke before characters show up on the other
>side. On ftps, I get 1-2k/s ftping from to the BSD/OS box from the
>otherside of the network. However, ftping from outside of the network to
>the BSD/OS box, I get 11-15k/s. During this whole time, I'm not seeing
>excessive pingtimes. Sending out 500 or so pings ends up with a
>Min/avg/Max of 34/39/790 which is fairly decent. Anyone have any ideas
>about what could be causing this or a possible fix? FYI, the Pipeline is
>dialing into a Max4002 over a PBX. It isn't going through the CO at
>all...

When you say directly connected, how do you mean?  Is it dialing into an
ISDN TA attached to the Pentium box, or are both the Pentium and the P75
connected to the same Ethernet LAN? If you're on the same LAN and you
have a latency problem, I would suspect Ethernet problems, such as a
duplicate IP address, improper default route setting, or a routing loop.
If they're going across an ISDN link to each other, check the CRC count
at each end.

 -mel