Re: (ASCEND) Radius Bug

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Phillip Vandry wrote:

> > If User-Service-Type = 1 (Login-User) and the RADIUS authentication
> > server sends back a user_msg, it isn't displayed.  If the
> > User-Service-Type is Framed-User, any user_msg sent back from the
> > RADIUS authentication server -is- displayed.
>
> Do you mean Reply-Message? Becuase I have found the opposite: The
> Reply-Message is displayed for Login-Users but not send along with the
> PAP AuthNak for Framed-Users.

Well, it's user_msg in radiusd.c, but I think it's the same thing.  It's
the same thing as when a password has expired, and the message "Your
Password Has Expired" is sent back to the client and displayed.

I know our radiusd is sending back the replymessage- it's hard coded into
our radiusd.  Some PM2's will report it properly, but the maxes will only
display it for framed-user's.  It could be that we have a setting
different between us, which toggles the behaviour.  I don't know.

-Will