Re: (ASCEND) No trunk available

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Earl Wallace wrote:

> The Telco would get an alarm if the receive side of your line (from the
> CO point of view) was down, but if the send side (the side you see) is
> having problems, you would get the up/down messages but the CO would
> see nothing wrong (Gee, how would I know this you wonder? ;-)  In cases
> like this you want the Telco to install a Performance Monitor or something
> similar on your end of the connection (at the Demarc) to record any line
> ptoblems.  Otherwise it'll be the old "it's has to be in your equipment"
> routine from the Telco.  If you still get the trunk messages and the
> Performance Monitor doesn't show anything, then good luck getting
> it fixed!

Funny you should mention that.  We had a line that would, several times a
night, dump all 24 calls, go to RA, then YA, then come back up and work
until it was loaded up again... then the same thing would happen.  In
syslog we just saw "Line 3 Channel 0 Trunk Up" messages.  Telco said for
MONTHS it had to be our crappy, non-standard, weird equipment.

Finally they came out and installed a T-BERD with a printer to log errors
overnight.  In the morning there was about 20' of paper piled around it.
An hour or so later, Lo and behold!  They found a card at the CO optioned
for B8ZS instead of AMI.  Sigh.  Now it works fine.  All I have to do now
is fight over the billing for several months of defective operation.

		Dale