Re: (ASCEND) Max 1800 - Forcing it to dial a specific bri

At 20:15 09/14/1997 -0400, Brian Kramer wrote:
>We're converting from multiple p50's on our side of the connection to a
>max 1800.  I've got everything configured correctly except for one thing
>I cannot figure out.  For each connection I need to force it to dial out
>on a specific bri.

>specific bri.  We cannot have a hunt group because Bell is incompetent
>and says it can't be done with custoflex isdn.
it CAN be done, it's just difficult to find someone who
knows how to do it correctly (or at all)

as others have probably already pointed out, you'll need to use trunk groups,
however on an 1800 you have 8 "trunks" but only 6 "trunk groups",
so what I do on mine relies on the way that the max dials outbound...
(this assumes 128k connections, it gets too confusing otherwise)

outbound calls use channels from left to right,
so I give the remote customers dialin numbers from right to left,
so customer X gets a dialin number on channel 7A
and customer Y gets a dialin number on channel 7B
link comes up for X, MPP sends phone number 2
for the second channel (3A or 3B whichever is available)

BRI     1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
TG-A    4  5  6  7  4  5  6  7
TG-B    4  5  6  7  4  5  6  7

on 64k links, it would get really messy, so I
just make them all "switched/perm" so that
their end doesn't have to worry about the number to dial

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D