Re: (ASCEND) Who's fault? P75 or my ISP.

At 20:45 09/14/1997 -0500, Dan wrote:
>>>I have a single IP from them
>>>
>>>an IP address: 	209.81.153.178

>>>option 2:		use NAT
>>>			set p75 as 200.200.200.200

>>>result:		it doesn't seem to work still.
>>>
>>>			(However, at one time about two
>>>			weeks ago, while on the phone, I was able to surf the web
>>>			with the NT server. In fact, I thought it worked. That was
>>>			version 5.0b. Afterwards, when I turned on more than one
>>			machine, it didn't work. An ascend tech support told me I need
>>			to wait for 5.1A for NAT for LAN. Now I have it, it still
>>			didn't work)

under 5.1A with the NEW p75 hardware, you'll want to set
ethernet->NAT->NAT->lan="single ip"

this is the only reason I can see that 5.0B would work,
but this item may not have gotten set when upgrading to 5.1A

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D