(ASCEND) Inter operability & BACP,DBA,BOD et. al.

On the Portmaster list we are having a discussion about dynamic bandwidth
allocation. There seems to be a problem between Ascend Pipelines and PM3
which prohibits adding a 2nd channel on demand. Also on 128k links if one
channel gets taken down (outgoing/incoming voice) it will not go back up.

Even without BACP, MP should be able to handle this (according to RFC
1717). Several other products do not have this problem (ZyXEL Elite,
WebRamp, Farlon Netopia, others?). Of course its not only Pipeline with
this problem, 3Com ImpactIQ appears to have it too.

So I'm curious what causes this problem. If MP can bundle a newly opened
channel with an existing one, what is preventing it from happening?

I think there are 2 possiblities:

1) Endpoint Discriminator Option is not negotiated
2) The call is never placed for what ever reason.

The first is hard to determine. But the second is very easy. Matter of fact
I don't see a second call initiated at all.

So what's the deal? Can someone explain?

  cwd                 ; "Do or do not. There is
  xor     ax,dx       ;  no try." Yoda
  sub     ax,dx       ;
  mov     Power,ax    ; plexus at seanet dot com