(ASCEND) Troubleshooting intermittent problems 101

I have a client using NAT on a P75 running 5.0B to call into a Max 4000. He
reports infrequent (perhaps once daily) connect failures. The problem is so
infrequent that I'm finding it difficult to track down.

I've been through my RADIUS logs during the times he reports failures and I
see only successful connections from him. I've cross-checked those
connections with calls from his phone number(s) and they match.

It appears that perhaps his Pipeline either isn't dialing, or isn't dialing
me. The client has another connection profile, and I wonder if it's calling
it inadvertently.

My question is: how would you go about troubleshooting intermittent
problems such as this? What logs would you look at, and what would you be
looking for?

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com