Re: (ASCEND) Aptiva 28.8 NO GO

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Jason Nealis wrote:

>  Don't they use some sort of WINMODEM? Man between Packard Hell and IBM
> these chip ass modems suck.

They use the same DSP for the modem and sound card.  Unfortunately, the
software development seems to lag the real world by a year or two (or
three).  And don't forget Compaq now...  Lucent-based "56K upgradeable"
modems in their new ones that ***WILL NOT*** connect to a Max, and no one
at Compaq has the SLIGHTEST clue whether their head or their ass is on the
phone.  To quote a good friend of mine...

"These guys couldn't catch a clue if they were covered in clue musk, doing
the clue mating dance in the middle of a herd of horny clues!"

Can you tell I've had just ONE too many "why does my Sportster keep
getting disconnected, you guys suck" email tonight?

		Dale