(ASCEND) USR Courier "Dual Standard" with K56 Max

Hi guys,

I'm "quietly" running a MAX 4060 in "V34 only" mode on my lines to
check out possible V34 problems with the K56 kit.

I'm running 5.0Ap24 on the MAX, with 4x16 modem Series56 cards, fed
by 2 PRIs with G.703 framing.

I have got a user with a USR Courier "Dual Standard" who can connect
fine on the old V34 kit (4000's with 12 modem V34 cards, 5.0Ap16),
but his modem seems to be confused by the "burp tone" (which still
gets made, even in V34 mode, odd IMHO) on the K56 box - something to
do with the "V.Everything" on the Courier, I believe?

I remember someone mentioning something about this on the list a
while ago, maybe a AT command or S register for the Courier that will
sort this out.

Can anyone help me out here?

TIA,
Mike