Re: (ASCEND) USR Courier "Dual Standard" with K56 Max

Try putting commas (ie a pause) after the dial string.  Ascend suggested 2
commas but here in the UK we found we needed 4 commas ( atdt01642250692,,,,
)  The pause gets you past the burp tone.

ap24 allegedly fixed a lot of modem problems, but we are running ap24 and
still need the commas for some modems that don't like burps.

We have also had problems with Motorola 56k modems connecting at 46k but
being very slow. The commas get them past the burp tone and they connect at
33.6k and are faster than at 46k!

Paul