(ASCEND) IDSL anyone?

Has anyone out there besides me been experimenting with IDSL?

I've been going around and around with Ascend the last two weeks as well as
GTE.  IDSL from my Max TNT to a Pipelin 25 works great with 30 feet of
cable but at the end of a 13,200 foot line from GTE they stop talking.  GTE
has tested the cable and it is all within specks for ISDN: no loads, no
taps and a dc resistive load of 1300 ohms.  GTE tested the line at 82K with
a loss of 41 dB which they say is fine for ISDN which has a carrier of 64K
and is supposed to operate down to 42 dB.  In other words, they are saying
if it is within specs at 82K, it should more than meet spec at 64K.  The
loss was 7.1 dB at 1K if that helps.

A scope put on the Max side sees a nice clean signal, correct voltages,
steps and so on.  At the Pipeline end, it sees absolutely nothing except
some 60 cycle hum even on a 50 microvolt scale.

I've noticed that after a big ad campaign touting IDSL, US West suddenly
backed out of adding IDSL to their collection of Max TNT's without any
comment I'm aware of.  Have I missed something here?

--Tony