(ASCEND) Re: Motorola ModemSurf Problems

The Motorola ModemSurfr and VoiceSurfr v1.009 flashers have certainly
been uploaded to the UK BBS, I downloaded a copy from there about a
week ago.

Last time I looked they still haven't made it onto the web site, but
I have popped copies up on my site, for ModemSurfr, and VoiceSurfr
56k, both internal and external:

http://www.mike.dircon.net/ascend/flash.html

I've certainly been getting much more stable connections with the
1.009 code, when compared to the 0.519 that my ModemSurfr shipped
with.

My modem's phone extension is a bit manky, so I'm only getting about
40,000 bps max (though it does seem to "fall forward" while online)
connect speeds. I'll get round to rewiring it someday - but I've only
been in the flat 5 minutes :-). I've had it online for hours on end,
though, with no problems, when the 0.519 code used to fall flat after
about 10/15 mins. Throughput seems good, even downloading zip files
at about 4.5 kbps average.

The above connecting to a MAX4060 via E1/PRI running 50Ap16 (Can't
run p20 because of the broken Radius features).

Regards,
Mike
--
Mike Hughes  mike@dircon.net  http://www.mike.dircon.net/