Re: (ASCEND) reality check! (fwd)

At 06:42 AM 9/10/97 -0700, MegaZone wrote:

>A lot of the early problems were due to Ascend/Rockwell deciding to foist
>K56Plus off as K56Flex, and it was not ready for primetime.  Rockwell's
>official fix is to upgrade to Flex.

....initial release was BETA, the official release was full K56Flex 1.1 -
didn't Lucent also have an early version that was NOT K56Flex 1.1 - even now
with their "official" release of K56Flex 1.1, I see a few problems
being reported with Lucent's servers - not ONLY due to the early
Rockwell release (e.g. LAPM problems?).

Rockwell have released version 1.055 - which I assume is still designated
as K56Flex 1.1 "compliant" ?? And along with the client code 1.009 or better
the connectivity appears to be very good. Even V.34 connect issues seem to
have been largely corrected, and V.FC/FAST has been fixed.

I expect Lucent will also release a better version sometime soon.

Kevin