Re: (ASCEND) Re: Telnetting to P130 using NAT

>most likely you are NAT on the ethernet interface. However you should be
>able to telnet to the WAN interface address. If you dont have a WAN
>interface address setup, you should for MANY reasons.  With a Framerelay
>connection most likely you will have a wan interface.

Todd,

  The situation is that I'm on the Cisco side of the FR connection trying
to telnet into the Ascend. NAT doesn't run on an interface, it runs in
the router and does address translation between two interfaces. But the
essence of what we're trying to do is simple: remotely access an Ascend
router that is running NAT between the Ethernet and Frame Relay
interfaces. It doesn't seem to want to allow that (although logically it
should if we map to an interface on the Ascend box).

 -mel