Re: (ASCEND) DOVBS with P75 running 5.1A

At 06:50 AM 9/10/97 -0700, Marc.Shannon@INNOSOFT.COM wrote:
>I saw that the new version of the Pipeline release supposedly includes
>the ability for P75 to answer voice calls as DOVBS rather than passing
>them off to the POTS ports. According to what I recall reading in the
>release notes, setting "Ans Voice Call" to "Yes" on a P75 directs voice
>calls to the POTS ports while saying "No" means that the unit itself
>will answer the call as if it were a data call.
>
>However, when I call my P75 with "Ans Voice Call" set to "No", the box
>doesn't answer, and "show isdn" reports "CALL REJECTED/OTHER DEST:
>xxxxxxx  B2" where "xxxxxxx" is my second directory number for the ISDN
>line.
>
>The release notes state for the P75:
>
>> If you set the parameter to No, the unit answers voice calls as Data
Over Voice (DOV), and does not
>> direct them to POTS ports. This dedicates the unit to data calls.
>>
>But since it's not answering the calls, either the release notes are
>wrong or I'm missing something. Suggestions?

The release notes are "unclear" I guess. They are correct, but I see why
the misinterpretation of the descriptions.

Simply put, on the P75 with Ans Voice Calls set to YES - it works as it
always did. With Ans Voice Calls set to NO, it will reject voice calls
*AND NOT* send them to the POTS ports. I don't know why you would want
to do that, BUT that's what it is.

On the P50 it makes more sense, since YES means answer voice-calls as DOSBS
and NO means reject them as it always used to....

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Kevin