Re: (ASCEND) MAX stacking

Jason,

I'm wondering about a couple of things.

Are you going to have 80+ maxen on the same Ethernet collision segment, or
are you going through a switch?

Is their link towards the cloud ultimately via some high speed interface
such as 100 mbps or better?

The reason I'm wondering is that even just two 4000's fully configured and
loaded but NOT using stacking, could potentially saturate a 10 mbps LAN
segment.  The RUBB says to the effect that stacking can add a very
significant amount of traffic overhead.  I'm wondering how you're going to
avoid bottle-necking on your LAN.

Joseph