Re: (ASCEND) 32HDLC card

[Quoting Phillip Vandry, on September 16 1997, 13:14, in "Re: (ASCEND) 32HDLC "]
> > I've got a 32HDLC card...  I can't remember what it does :)  It's been
> > sitting on the shelf so long in the bag that I can't remember why we
> > bought it.
> >
> > Umm, what's it for? :)
>
> I think it's to add more virtual channels on a Max.
>
> The MAX uses an HDLC channel for every connection. You can see how many of
> them you have available by typing "sh if stat" in the termserver. They
> are numbered wan0 through wan<whatever> (They are the interfaces).
>
> I think those cards are obsolete because modern Maxen have more than
> enough of them built in to handle the largest possible number of physical
> ports you could install.

I wish this was true. The Max-4K's have only 64 HDLC-channels. If you
try to connect more than 2 PRI's you might hit the maximum. If you
have enough analog users no harm is done because they'll eat the
PRI-channels.

If you only connect ISDN-users and more than 2 PRI's are connected you
might want to put in the 32HDLC-card to you would have 96
HDLC-channels.

The term-serv command 'sh if stat' only shows the maximum possible
connections through isdn (only if you add 4 32HDLC-cards to the box).

	Eric