Subject: (ASCEND) HP/C Palmtop & Ascend Max failed dialup
Author:  owner-ascend-users (owner-ascend-users@max.bungi.com) at
hdqt-unix-uuencode
Date:    9/15/97 2:31 PM

Ascend Max4004
Software 5.0Ap5, Load: tm.m40

Dialing up from a HP/C 320LX palmtop
Windows/CE Version 1.0 Build 782-782

Using a PCMCIA
        US Robotics Sportser 28.8
        V.34/V.FC/V.32bis, Faxmodem

It will connect, then drop the connection.
(Using PPP or Post Dialup Terminal Screen
after username and password entered)

>From the Ascend, disconnect code is:
40-PPP LCP negotiation timed out.

I put the modem in a laptop and can dial up.
I think I successfully copied the INIT strings
from the laptop to the HP/C.

I can use the HP/C and modem to dial up several
other providers that aren't using Ascend or
Max4004.

Any thoughts or shared-experiences would be
appreicated.  Thanks in advance.