Thanks. Final Comment. Re: (ASCEND) Who's fault? P75 or my ISP. Cannot get on the Net.

Although the problem has not completely been solved,
I can finally get on the net. All the configurations
listed before were correct. (We decided to use NAT to make things easy.)
It still remains a mystery to me what went wrong. The
Ascend tech support who dialed in told me he made some changes
to "finger" something in the configuration to make it a single
IP (this appears to be in addition to NAT-?>Lan = Single IP addr;
which I had set previously.) After this change he made,
I was able to ping externally and use IP address to browse.
(The DNS on Stratos still didn't work.) I wasn't clear
about what was wrong. But none of the configuration issues
some of the readers mentioned were the culprit.

Nonetheless, The tech support has been very
helpful. It just took too many calls > 10? And took too much
time. I was on the phone for > 1-2 hours each time. 2 weeks!

I think Ascend should publish a list of recommended ISPs
(both national or local). In fact, it will not be a bad
idea to start a "logo" program for the ISP to advertise
"compatible with Ascend ISDN products". I would have chosen
my ISP from that list and ease the pain...

Yesterday, I did switch my ISP from Stratos to Exchange Net.
It helped a little since Strato seemed to be less experienced
in handling ISDN problems. (And EN's DNS does work so now the
name resolution problems have gone away...)

However, since most local ISPs are using
Livingston Portmasters here in Cleveland for ISDN connections,
the Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation is not working - which is
unfortunate. So I am forced to sign up the 64K rather than
the 128K unlimited option since I want to be able to receive
incoming voice calls. 64K is not much better than 56K modem.
So I am a little disappointed. Regardless, I am a little happier
now than the last two weeks, at least it worked!

I am still not confident enough to recommend to my company
and my clients to adopt Ascend's P75 as the general
internet/remote access solution just yet. We will wait and see
for a little longer... Thanks nonetheless.