Re: (ASCEND) Zoom's driving us wacky...

Sam R. Akhtar wrote:

>  Heya,
>
> With the 1.0 firmware and 5.0Ap24, what results are some of you seeing?
> ZoomTel's modems are still connecting at lower speeds or experiencing
> disconnects... other modems like our Supra's seem to be the most
> reliable...
>
> The Hayes AT string to lower connects works on these modems but kinda
> defeats the purpose; we've got some customers questioning our sanity
> esp. after we suggested the firmware upgrade on their end and mentioned
> the one's on our end ;)
>
> *sigh* wonder how many conflicting reports I'll see...

With the new Zoom code and 5.0Ap23 we see 44-50K on PRI and
40-44k on CT1s......no disconnects.

Supra is our most problematical K56 modem now....36K max connect
and 40% disconnects. I wouldn't use these numbers for more than
they're worth on Supra- we only have about 5 out there. We have
several hundred Zooms.

'Shot

--
Darkshot (Michael B. Garrett)