Re: (ASCEND) MAX1800 questions

Yes, we have the my name, and remote name in sync. But we do not use PAP
passwords on all of our connections. Unfortunately with the max1800 it's
"all or none". If you need to have incoming PAP password set only on one
or two profiles, you are screwed, becuase when you turn on incoming
authentication in the Ethernet-->answer setting, it is global accross
all profiles. whaa =(

Oh well...no biggy anymore since we are going with the Cisco 3640's at
the pops for bri access. Much cheaper, and a hell of alot more
compatible with the rest of the network. (OSPF, rsh capabilty, and each
interface is configured independently...no stupid trunk groups, etc)
Best of all it is VERY compatible with the P50's which are at the
customer end =) (yes compatible with ascend MPP)