Re: (ASCEND) What does MBID mean?

At 06:39 PM 9/21/97 -0400, Phillip Vandry wrote:
>> I just turned on syslogging on my newly-installed Linux box.  In looking
>> at some incoming calls from my P75 syslog output, I see "Incoming call,
>> MBID nnn" instead of the phone number.  Can someone explain what MBID
>> means and why it shows up sometimes, but other times I see the calling
>> phone number?
>
>MBID = Multilink Bundle ID. A Multilink bundle is a grouping of physical
>links that form a single RFC1717 virtual link.

When the calling number is presented to the P75, it will be displayed in the
"incoming call" message, and on the P75 menu screen (top right window - might
need to scroll down to find it). If it's not present, then we display an old
internal ID that was used to "route" the call this is the MBID - and it
originally was "MultiBand ID" from the old IMUX product line....it's of
little real use to the end-user ;)

Kevin